Vegan chickpea patties
I was eyeing cans of chickpeas when hunger struck.
- one carrot
- one onion
- roughly the amount of mushrooms I've got in a photo below...
- one can of chickpeas
- three tablespoons nutritional yeast
- three tablespoons of chia seeds
- one teaspoon of paprika
- one teaspoon of chilli flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- half a cup (roughly) panko
Pulse onion, carrot and mushrooms in the food processor and then fry off until softened and most of the water has evaporated.
Return veggie mix to food processor, add the chickpeas in along with the seasonings and then pulse until it's a a chunky paste.
If paste is too wet, mix in some panko, otherwise just crumb and leave on a sheet until ready to cook.
I fried two patties off and served with some shredded cabbage, tomatoes, hommus and mayo. My mayo isn't vegan, but everything else is. 😊